A certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology from Arizona State University, a Graduate Assistantship and a Masters in Kinesiology from Central Michigan University, Chris brings great experience, and an extensive educational background, to Function Factory.
Health and wellness have always been part of Chris’ life. During his formative educational years, he worked as a personal trainer as well as alongside Physical Therapists at a Wellness and Physical Therapy clinic. After completing both degrees, Chris put his education to work. He spent much time training collegiate athletes and multiple teams within the MLB, NFL, NHL, MLS, and WNBA. While leading a healthy and active lifestyle is a top priority personally for Chris, he is most passionate about his clients and providing the best possible training atmosphere and education to all.
- Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska
- Education: B.S. Kinesiology- Arizona State, M.A. Kinesiology/Physical Education-Central Michigan University
- Favorite quote: “I follow three rules: Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care.” Lou Holtz
- Favorite outdoor activity: Hiking, San Gorgonio Mountain.
- Favorite piece of workout equipment: Bodyweight.
- Training Style (In Three Words): Positive, Detail-Oriented, Flexible.
- Why functional training? Humans are designed to move and can be most optimal when they strive to proactively address daily dysfunction.
- Why function factory? Smart training, great culture.
- Three people to train:
1. Will Ferrell- He could make the training session intense and hilarious at the same time!
2. Serena Williams-Find out if those feet are really as fast as they look on TV.
3. Elon Musk- I’m sure I could teach a genius something, right?!